Thursday, January 1, 2015

Christmas Vacation - In The Kitchen

 I've spent a lot of time in the kitchen during Christmas vacation. Some of it, simply out of sheer boredom. I'm so used to things being hectic lately that I didn't know what to do with myself and all that spare time on my hands. So I baked.  A LOT.
 It started with a double batch of chocolate chip cookies.  And a week later, another double batch.
 Then it went to a double batch of oatmeal scotchies.
 I tried something new to our house too.
 Holiday Ritz crackers.
 They were really good!  I ended up making 3 batches of these over the course of 2 weeks.  Medium J loved them!
 Another new thing I made was sugar cookies.  I've never taken the time to make them because of the whole "rolling out and cutting them" process.  I was surprised to see that it wasn't nearly that time consuming (or messy).
 I chose to sprinkle sugar on the top instead of icing them. I got a little too much sugar, I think.  lol
I don't have any photos, but I also made peanut butter cookies and peanut blossom cookies (which are my favorite).
I also made puppy chow (for my uncle and a friend's family too) and soda cracker candy (for my uncle).
 A friend shared a recipe for Cheese Logs.  I didn't make them, but I might next year. I'm not exactly sure what a cheese log is though.
 I also made cinnamon ornaments (for the first time).
 Little Miss E wanted to help.  She loved helping in the kitchen and I had to keep some cookie dough in the refrigerator for when she came by because she always asked to bake something.
 She did a great job cutting them out with the cookie cutter!
 And I chose to dry them over the course of a couple of days instead of baking them.  I love the way they looked when they were done.  I tried painting them, but didn't like it at all.









No comments:

Post a Comment