Saturday, August 2, 2014

The Pool

Every Summer, for the past 6 years, I've spent my Summer at the Pool.  Four years ago, Big C joined me.  Three years ago, Small T joined Big C and I.
This year, the Pool opened later than normal.  Mid June found us having a Work Day to get the place cleaned up and ready to go asap.
 Small T helped clean up the Concession Stand.
 Carissa worked on the bathrooms.
 Bailey took care of the Baby Pool.
 And Big C was the jack of all trades, doing a little bit of everything.
It took me 3 days, but I was able to open the pool on the 16th of June.
 Here's the Big Pool.
 This area shows the Baby Pool, which is inside the fence, the picnic table area, and then the covered seating just outside the Concession Stand.
 Big C has spent almost every day of the Summer helping me at the Pool.  I think that he and I have worked more than the rest of the employees combined.  Here he is, in the Lifeguard Stand.
And here's Small T, lifeguarding the shallow end of the pool.
I'm really proud of my two kids, the lifeguards.  :)  I'm also a lifeguard, but since I'm the manager as well, I seldom sit in one of the lifeguard chairs for a whole day.
Now you know what occupies my whole Summer every year and why I'm on here so seldom.

No comments:

Post a Comment