Monday, February 24, 2014

Seeing Pink

In a house full of guys and one girl that doesn't like pink, sometimes you just need to "see some pink".
I started a new crochet project last night using some lovely, Caron's Simply Soft, soft pink yarn.  Someone I know is expecting a baby girl soon and her nursery is using the traditional color palette of soft pink and light green, and of course...I am making her a baby blanket (or two).  I really wanted to make a blanket that was frilly and feminine but the more I thought about it and the longer I looked at patterns, I just couldn't decide on something to make.  So...after careful thought, I decided to make a Classic Baby Blanket.  (You can find the free pattern here.)  I've always liked the "look" of this pattern.  It's simplicity... and also it's homespun look.  Yet it's a classic design.  I think it will appeal to the mom-to-be as she's not much of a "girlie girl" herself.  At this point, I've worked one whole skein of yarn up and am getting ready to add another skein.  I'm using a size H crochet hook since that's what the yarn calls for.

No comments:

Post a Comment