Sunday, December 29, 2013

Baking Cookies

On Christmas Eve, I sat about to baking some cookies.  I had made and froze several batches of dough, so all I really had to do was thaw it out a bit and heat up the oven.  I made oatmeal scotchies, chocolate chip, snickerdoodles, and peanut butter with chocolate stars in the middle.
 Then Small T asked if she could try her hand at making sugar cookies.  She had gotten a recipe from a boy in her class and she said they were really good.  So...I let her have at it.
She did a really good job.  And of course, she had a lot of questions, but since she's not an accomplished cook, that's ok.  Whenever she does want to cook, I always make sure I spend that time with her and we make whatever she wants.  She enjoys the whole learning process and she even cleans up her mess when she's done.  So that's a big point in her favor.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment