Saturday, November 9, 2013

This and That

As always, things are hectic around here.  I've been working at the farm again (and I've been sick) so my yarn time has taken a huge hit (yet again).
 I've been working on this set of Grey Heather Wrist Warmers for a little bit now.  I need to spend today with them.  They are begging for my attention.  lol
 Last night, I finished the rest of my sister's Christmas gift from me.  This hat and scarf will go with the chocolate brown wrist warmers I knitted recently.  
I used this pattern for the scarf.  It's called "The Free Crochet Scarf Pattern".  :)  Since I didn't have any chunky yarn, I held 2 strands of my yarn together.  I was using Caron's Simply Soft yarn in Chocolate and a size N crochet hook.
For the hat, I just made up my own pattern and added a pom pom to the top.  My sister is always "freezing to death" so I held 2 strands of the chocolate Simply Soft yarn together while making this.  I used a size K crochet hook.   Here's what I did.
Basic Pom Pom Hat
starting with a magic circle, ch 2, work 11 hdc in ring.  join with a sl st to beg ch 2.  pull to tighten.
ch 2, hdc in same st, work 2 hdc in each st around, join with a sl st to beg ch 2.
ch 2, hdc in same st, hdc in next st, *2 hdc in next st, hdc in next st; repeat around.  join with sl st to beg ch 2.
ch 2, hdc in same st, hdc in each of next 2 sts, *2 hdc in next st, hdc in each of next 2 sts; repeat around.  join with a sl st to beg ch 2.
ch 2, hdc in same st, hdc in each of next 3 sts, *2hdc in next st, hdc in each of next 3 sts; repeat around.  join with a sl st to beg ch 2.
now....ch 2, work 1 hdc in each st around.  join with a sl st to beg ch 2.  repeat this row until the hat is as long as you want it.  (I worked this row 12 times)
finishing, last row, ch 1, rev sc in each st around.  sl st to join.  fasten off and weave in ends.
make a pom pom and attach to the top of the hat.
that's it.

 Since it's been an incredibly taxing week for me physically, I was off to the my friend's salon for a wax (brows and lip), nail fill in and polish, 
mini pedicure and polish.  Pure Heaven.  Except for the wax.  I don't care for those much.
My fingernails are a sparkly blue or orange and my toenails are my favorite purple.  :)  I justified my time at the salon (and the money) simply because I only go once a month for all this pampering.  The rest of the time I do it myself.  Plus, I wanted my nails to look "spectacular" in case of surgery.  :)
So, that's been my week in a very basic manner.  I decided to only share the "good stuff".  lol

2 comments: