Friday, July 12, 2013

Cup Cover - Free Pattern (Stash Buster Project)

This is a quick and easy little pattern that I whipped up the other day.  You see, I drink my coffee on the front porch each and every morning and things tend to blow into my cup.  I'm always fishing something (bugs) out of it and it drives me nuts.  So...I figured, why not make something to cover my cup so I don't have to keep doing this.  This is what I came up with.
 This is what it looks like flat.  Yes, I know that the outer decorative edge curls in a bit.  I wanted it to do that.  So it's ok.
This is what it looks like on my favorite cup.
Since I used some yarn out of my stash of leftover yarn balls, this is a Stash Buster Project as well as being something useful.  I think that's great!

Cup Cover - Free Pattern

Small amount of yarn - I used some Caron's Simply Soft yarn in a light purple color
Size H or I hook - you choose
yarn needle for weaving in ends

NOTE:  beg ch 3 counts as a dc throughout pattern.

ch 4, join to form a ring.
1- ch 3, work 15 dc in ring. join with a sl st to 3rd ch of beg ch 3. (16)
2- ch 3, dc in same st.  work 2 dc in each st around.  join with a sl st to beg ch 3. (32)
3- ch 3, dc in same st.  dc in next st.  *2 dc in next st, dc in next st; repeat from * around.  join with a sl st to beg ch 3.  (48)
4- ch 3, dc in same st.  dc in each of the next 2 sts, *2 dc in next st, dc in each of the next 2 sts; repeat from * around.  join with a sl st to beg ch 3.  (64)  **do not fasten off yarn**

Decorative edge:
Use any decorative edge that you want, but I used a shell border.  
1- ch 1, *sc in same st, sk 2 sts, work 5 dc in next st; repeat from * around.  At the end of the round, you will end with sk 1 st, join with a sl st to beg ch 1.



No comments:

Post a Comment