Monday, April 1, 2013

Simple Super-Long Scarf - Free Pattern (Stash Buster Project)

It's been a while since I've shared a free pattern.  Today, I sat down and worked up this quick scarf.  I'm calling it my Simple Super-Long Scarf.  I like a longer scarf that I can wrap around my neck a time or two.  I also made this scarf double thick, using two strands of yarn held together.  By the way, this is also a Stash Buster Project since I'm using yarn from my stash.  :)
 Here it is, wrapped around my neck.
 Laid out on my sofa.
Pattern detail.

Simple Super-Long Scarf

2 skeins of worsted weight yarn (I used less than half of each skein)  OR you can use 1 skein of yarn working from both ends at the same time
N crochet hook

holding 2 strands of yarn together, ch 170.
1- hdc in 3rd ch from hook and in each ch across, ch 2, turn.
2- working in front loops only, hdc in each st across, ch 2, turn.
3- working in back loops only, hdc in each st across, ch 2, turn.
4- repeat row 2
5- repeat row 3
6- repeat row 2
7- repeat row 3
8- repeat row 2 but don't ch 2 at the end of the row.  instead, fasten off and weave in ends.

add fringe if you like.
i cut 8 strands of yarn for each of the 4 tassels i added to each end of the scarf.

**Edited to add...my (unwilling) model finally agreed to a photo.  She said that she loves the scarf.  She likes the length, the fluffy weight of it, and the look.  However, she does not like the hat.  But I informed her that the had was made to fit MY head and therefore it's big on her (she has a very tiny head) and also...she has her hair up in a bun so it's not going to fit right anyway.  I think that with her liking the scarf so well, I will add this to my list of Christmas projects for my family for this year.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment