Friday, March 22, 2013

Ruffle Rose Pillow

Last night, I started making a Ruffle Rose Pillow.  I'm still working on the front of it this morning.  Here's a quick shot of what it looks like so far.  It looks a bit like some alien flora creature or something, doesn't it?  This is going to be a pretty good sized pillow (for my sectional sofa).  I'm using Red Heart Super Saver yarn in Frosty Green.  I'm on the 2nd skein of yarn already and I'm not even finished with the front piece.  I do not have a 3rd skein of this yarn, so I'm hoping I will have enough to finish the front as well as the back piece.  The pattern for this pillow is on the Red Heart website but you can also find it by clicking here .  By the way, I chose this pattern because I liked it's vintage look.  It says that this is an intermediate pattern, but I think it's actually easy to work up.

2 comments:

  1. That is so cute but I don't like your chances of getting it finished without more yarn. I went and got the pattern and it says you need 4 balls of whatever yarn they are using. The back and SIDES are together so it sounds like that will need more than the front. Perhaps you can make the back from a different colour. I have just done that with a cushion. I am waiting on some yarn to arrive in the post and I am hoping to make a coloured ruffled much like that one you are doing. You are so q uick that pillow is most likely finished by now,.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jen, I wasn't able to complete the last three rows of the side, but otherwise everything was finished enough to put it all together. This pillow is HUGE. I had a fun time making this and I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. By the way, the front took 2 full skeins of yarn to complete and part of the 3rd skein.

      Delete