Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Crock Pot BBQ Ribs

Tonight, we are having Crock Pot BBQ Ribs for dinner.  I'm making Cheesy Broccoli Orzo for the side dish.

Crock Pot BBQ Ribs

1 rack of ribs
1-2 Tbsp. ground mustard
1/2 Tbsp. salt (I omitted this)
1 Tbsp. garlic salt (I used garlic powder)
1 Tbsp. seasoned salt (I omitted this)
1 Tbsp. chili powder (Recipe doesn't call for this, but I used it)

Your Favorite BBQ sauce

Season ribs with the spices.  Cook ribs in crock pot on high for 4 to 6 hours.  (I added a bit of water to the crock pot even though the recipe doesn't say to.)
Add BBQ sauce and cook and additional 1 to 2 hours.


Cheesy Broccoli Orzo

1 cup orzo
1-1/2 cups chopped broccoli florets
1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese (I'm using 2% grated sharp cheddar cheese)
2 Tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
1 Tablespoon butter (I'm using Blue Bonnet Light Margarine)
1/4-1/2 cup 2% milk (I'm using 1%)
salt  (I will omit this)

Add orzo to a large pot of salted boiling water. Cook for 3 minutes then add chopped broccoli and cook for 2 more minutes, or until orzo is tender. Drain well (broccoli florets are notorious for holding onto water) then return to the pot. Add cheeses, butter, and 1/4 cup milk then stir well and add more milk if needed. Season with salt to taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment