Friday, November 30, 2012

The Week in Review...

As always, it's been another busy week.
 Sunday night, Small T and Big Daddy worked on decorating the house for Christmas.
Since we'll be away for the holiday, we aren't putting the big tree up (for the very first time).
Instead, we're using the small, white tree that Small T insisted on buying last year.
It looks cute!
 On Monday, it snowed for the first time this winter.
This is the only photo where it "sort of" showed up.
I was greatly disappointed.  In both the photo and the snow.
 Here I am enjoying my nightly cup of hot chocolate.
My use of the "naughty" cup instigated a Facebook war between Small T and I.  Apparently, she thinks this is her cup and I have the "nice" cup.  LOL  I say it depends on the day, the person's mood, and the circumstances as to who gets the naughty cup.
 Wednesday, one of my nieces asked me to make two sets of hats and wrist warmers for her to give as gifts.
This is the red set.
 This is the navy blue set.  I made it on Thursday.
I made her 5 of these hat and wrist warmer sets last year to give as gifts.  Apparently, they are popular with her friends.
The wrist warmer pattern is my own.  It can be found here http://bookfairy43.blogspot.com/2011/11/7-wrist-warmers-free-pattern.html.
 This is the beginning of an afghan that I was hoping to make for a Christmas gift.  I've been working on this on and off for a couple of weeks now.  I don't think I'll be able to get it finished though.  It might have to wait until next year.  Here's the link to the pattern http://sarahsprojects.blogspot.com/2010/05/living-room-afghan-pattern.html.
 This project was started tonight.  It's going to be a "T" pillow.  I have made these before.  You can find the free pattern here http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/alphabet-pillows.
Tonight, I dropped in to visit a friend (Timna).  While I was there, she gave me this super cool Christmas tree that she made.  I love it!  I brought it home and placed it on the fireplace mantle.
Well...that's been my week in review.  Other than fighting some ear problems and ear aches, I also had a short stay in the Emergency Room for an allergic reaction to the medication for my ears.  *sigh*  It's definitely been "one of those weeks" for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment