Monday, June 25, 2012

Knooked Square

I finished my first "knooked" square yesterday.
This took several attempts as I wanted it to be the same size as the knitted squares I am making.
I needed a J knook hook, and didn't have one, so I made my own.
I am using Red Heart WW yarn in Pale Pink.
The finished square is 8" wide and 7 1/2" tall.
Here's what I did:
ch 25.
cast on 25 sts.
knit each row.
**Now, I have a really hard time telling my "rows" in knitting and knooking, so here's how I know when I'm done.  Look at the above photo, see where the tail is at the bottom right...when my square is in this position, and I have 19 complete rows of "ribs" counting from the bottom of the square up to the top, then that's when I start the casting off.  It also helps to have a completed square to look at too, for visual aid.**

No comments:

Post a Comment