Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Little Christmas Socks


Even though I have several WIP's at the moment, I can't stand to not have something to crochet.
So, I've been making these Little Christmas Socks with all of my scrap yarn.
The free pattern can be found here
So far, I have 11 little socks done. I'm hoping to make 25. I'd like to use them in an advent project for the holiday season.
These little socks measure about 8 inches total. So they are bigger than a typical stocking ornament. They are really easy to work up though.
I do have a tip or hint for when you are making these though.
After you work Round 17 and sew the heel, turn the sock right side out.
This hides the seam (on the heel). From where you sewed the heel closed.
I also changed up the stripe pattern some in a couple of the socks.
Just for some variation among them.
I have to admit that I have a favorite sock already. It's the cherry red and turqua sock.
I love it, love it, love it.
I am thinking that I need to make a set of these just for the Christmas tree (using those colors).
They really "pop".
I should also add that all of my scrap yarn that I'm using is Red Heart. I'm also using an I hook.

No comments:

Post a Comment