Saturday, January 14, 2012

What A Day!

We spent the entire day at the auction.
My mom is now the proud owner of a very nice lift chair.
I hauled it home and my boys installed it in her living room.
She's been using it ever since. :)

And I am the proud owner of this lovely box of yarn.
It cost $20 and was the cheapest box of yarn sold today.
I got a really good deal.
The box contained 6 Super Saver size skeins plus 13 regular sized skeins of Red Heart yarn.
When you compare it to the Wal-Mart price of $93 plus tax, I saved a bundle.
And I don't mind that it's all black and white yarn. I use a lot of it.

I didn't feel like spending time on my WIP's tonight, so I grabbed my bag of scrap yarn and made this two-headed monster.

Here he is again.
I think my sister will like him.
This is the first of four monsters she has asked me to create in time for Valentine's Day.

The same sister that wants the monsters bought me a bag of goodies at the thrift store a couple of weeks ago. I finally got the bag and went through it. Boy, did she get a good deal!
It contained a bunch of partial skeins of yarn as well as 35 little squares already crocheted up. It also had a box with 2 rosette makers (plus a bunch of instructions and patterns) and a pom-pom maker. I was pleased as punch to get this. And guess what...she paid 75 cents for it all. I'm a lucky girl...that's all I've got to say.
Well, it's been a long day so I'm off to bed. I'll see you all tomorrow.
Good night!

2 comments:

  1. Lucky you - 2 great crafting hauls - very nice. The little monster looks cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks debi! it ended up being a good day all the way around!

    ReplyDelete