Friday, October 21, 2011

Super Simple Wrist/Hand Warmers (Free Pattern)



I work on a farm during the months of October through December each year. I'm usually pretty hot, but every now and then my hands get cold. But I don't like having a full glove on. So...wrist/hand warmers would be pretty handy for me to have. Now, I have a big hand. I measured it. It's 8 inches around the palm of my hand just above my thumb. Thus, I need a good sized "glove". After two attempts, this is what I came up with.

Super Simple Wrist/Hand Warmers (Free Pattern)

Materials:
Red Heart worsted weight yarn
Size I crochet hook

*Note: The wrist/hand warmer is crocheted from below the fingers down to the wrist.*

Make 2 of these.

ch 27. Using a slip stitch, join to form a ring, being careful not to twist the chains.
1- ch 1, sc in next ch and in each ch around; join with a sl st to ch 1. DO NOT TURN.
2 thru 6- ch 1, sc in next sc and in each sc around; join with a sl st to ch 1. DO NOT TURN.
7- ch 1, sc in next 10 sc, ch 6, sk 6 sts, sc in next sc and in each sc around; join with a sl st to ch 1. DO NOT TURN.
8- ch 1, sc in next sc and in each sc around; join with a sl st to ch 1. DO NOT TURN.
9 thru 17- ch 1, sc in next sc and in each sc around; join with a sl st to ch 1. DO NOT TURN. At the end of round 17, finish off and weave in ends.

**If you need to make this bigger or smaller, just adjust the amount of beginning chains to fit your hand.

Correction to pattern (11/27/11).....Round 8 should read (ch 1, sc in next sc, and in each sc and ch around, join with a sl st to beg ch 1.)

PLEASE DON'T CLAIM THIS PATTERN AS YOUR OWN, BUT FEEL FREE TO USE THE PATTERN TO MAKE AND SELL THESE. GIVE CREDIT WHERE CREDIT IS DUE. THANKS!

3 comments:

  1. wow, you consider your hand large for being eight inches around, just above the thumb? eeek. then my hand must be huge! it's eight inches 'round at the base of my fingers, at the top of my palm...that area tends to be more narrow than the webbing just above thumb. or do you mean 'above the thumb' to be measured if you placed your thumb along palm so that your thumb's tip lies next to the base knuckle of your index finger? i'm cornfuzed...

    ReplyDelete
  2. debra, i put the top edge of the measuring tape just under the knuckle area along the side of my hand and ran the tape around my palm. my thumb is sticking out when i do this. if i go farther down the palm, my hand does measure bigger than 8 inches. but the glove does fit. honestly. does this help any?

    ReplyDelete
  3. yup, you and i must have the same size hands then, cuz that sounds like where i measured too. i just got mixed up cuz sometimes i'm all like, well they could mean this, or that, or maybe even this....

    i was even more like that when i was younger, i can't tell you how many cosmetologists got confused cuz i would ask what exactly they meant when they said that they would cut it all to the same length...did they mean that each strand would be the same length as each other strand, which would mean that the hair would be all layered OR did they mean that they were going to cut it all so that the end point would be the same {like mid way down my back or shoulder length or chin length}? they thought i was trying to be a smart ass, but i just didn't know; cuz that's the kinda crap that my father would debate me about when i was growing up.

    it isn't that YOU didn't explain it well. it was that I didn't understand! grins, debra

    ReplyDelete