Sunday, July 17, 2011

Crocheting with my mom


I spent some time last night crocheting with my mom. She's here visiting and recuperating from a recent knee surgery. She knows how to crochet, but she only knows the very basics. She's been wanting to learn how to make a granny square, so I printed out this pattern http://debscrafts55.blogspot.com/2007/12/never-ending-blanket-square.html and proceeded to show her how to make the square. Since it's a continuous square, she won't have to keep changing things up. She can just keep on going, row after row.

2 comments:

  1. awww, love the shot of you and your mom, fellow fiber freaks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you. yep, my mom crochets "some". so, i decided i would put on my teacher cap and show her how to do a granny square. which is what she kept asking me to teach her. i have to learn to be less selfish with my crocheting, so it was good for me to do this.

    ReplyDelete