Saturday, May 28, 2011

WIP Revealed


I finally finished my WIP that I was designing. I'm not sure that I care for it. I've never tried to make something for a plus sized person before and this ended up being too big when I finally got it done. Model #1 (photo 1) was not thrilled with helping me, so the photo turned out mediocre. Model #2 (photo 2) was unable to take a photo of herself, so I had my daughter take the photo. She was only half-heartedly trying to get a good photo. So, it is what it is.
I was trying to design a Mobius Scarf that I would like. I like it, but I don't look good in it. Maybe if I rework it and make it a bit smaller, it will help. This is something I'm going to share my pattern for, so if you decide to make one, please let me know how it turns out.

Plus Sized Mobius Scarf

Materials:
Fingering Yarn (I used Bernat Baby Sport)
G hook (I might use a bigger one to make it holier next time which is the effect I was aiming for this time)

Directions:
Chain 61.
Row 1- Sc in 2nd ch from hook and in each ch across.
Row 2- Ch 1, turn. Sc in 1st sc, *ch 1, sk 1 st, sc in next sc*, repeat from * to * across, ending with a sc in the last sc.
Row 3- Ch 1, turn. Sc in 1st sc and in the ch 1 space, *ch 1, sk 1 st, sc in ch 1 space*, repeat from * to * across, ending with a sc in the last ch 1 space and last sc.
Repeat rows 2 and 3 for pattern until it's big enough to go around your body, including the shoulders.
Last Row- ch 1, turn. Sc in each sc and ch 1 space across.

Assembly:
Lay the strip out flat. Take one end and twist once. Place the two ends together and beginning at one end, sl st evenly to secure them together. Finish off. Weave in ends.
*I would suggest that you make the strip of crochet just a little bit smaller than what is needed to go around your body. Mine stretched out once I put it on.*

2 comments:

  1. aha! a mobius scarf! for some reason, i wasn't thinking scarf at all! perhaps use a larger hook so it has more drape...?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i thought it was too big. now that you're talking about it being heavy, that's probably part of the problem too. i will try a bigger hook and a more open pattern next time. i appreciate your comment and observations. it helps me out! trust me!

    ReplyDelete