Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Little Girls Loopy Clutch Bag AKA The Loopy Purse

Do you remember this little cutie? I posted a photo of it a few days ago. Now, I'm posting the pattern.

I learned a new stitch. It's called the loop stitch. If you don't know how to do the loop stitch, then here's a link to a great tutorial:


Little Girls Loopy Clutch Bag aka "The Loopy Purse"

Materials

Red Heart Worsted Weight Yarn (I used light blue)

I crochet hook

ch 50. Join to form a ring, making sure not to twist it.

1- ch 1. sc in same st. sc in each ch around. join with a sl st to the first sc. (50 sc)

2- ch 1. sc in same st and in each sc around. join with a sl st to the first sc. (50 sc)

3 & 4- repeat row 2.

5- ch 1. work loop stitch in same st and in each st around. join with a sl st to first st in row. (50 sts)

6 thru 21- repeat row 5.

22- ch 1, TURN. sc in same st and in each st around. (50 sc)

23- ch 1 (do not turn). sc in same st and in the next 4 sc. ch 15. sk next 15 sts. sc in the next 10 sc. ch 15. sk next 15 sts. sc in the last 5 sc. join with a sl st to the 1st sc.

24- ch 1. (do not turn). sc in same st and in each sc and ch around. (50 sc)

25 & 26- ch 1. (do not turn). sc in same st and in each sc around. join with a sl st to 1st sc. at the end of row 26, fasten off and weave in end.

Finishing:

Turn bag wrong side out. Line up the handle holes and sew the bottom of the bag shut with more of the same yarn. I just used series of slip stitches to do this. Weave in any loose ends. Turn bag right side out.

*NOTE- even though this is my pattern, I based the pattern off of tangledhappy's Granny Stripe Boutique Bag. I've made several of these bags and I love them! Here's a link to her pattern http://tangledhappy.blogspot.com/2010/11/granny-stripe-boutique-bag.html .

Please don't claim my pattern as your own. You can use the pattern to make all the bags you'd like, but you cannot sell my pattern. However, you can sell the bags. If you make any of these bags, I'd love to see your photos. And it would be great if you could post a link to my site with them. Thanks a bunch!

1 comment: