Sunday, November 4, 2012

Granny Skinny Scarf











Our family attended Big C's home baseball game tonight. After we arrived back home, I sat on the couch and watched "Survivor" and then "Criminal Minds". While I was watching two of my favorite shows, I started working up a pattern that I had in my head. I'm calling it my "Granny Skinny Scarf". There may be something similar out there on the net, but I've not come across it yet. Or made anything similar to it either. It's a very basic pattern and I decided to post it here. (My 14 year old daughter, Small T, said she really likes it. That's rare praise indeed.)




Granny Skinny Scarf




Materials




Simply Soft yarn (it takes less than a skein)(the color I used is "watermelon")


I hook




ch 204.


1 - dc in the 4th ch from hook. ch 2, sk 2 chs, *dc in the next 2 chs, ch 2, sk 2 chs; repeat from * ending with a dc in each of the last two chs.


2 - ch 5, turn. *work 2 dc in the ch 2 sp, ch 2; repeat from * across. after the last ch 2 sp, ch 1, 1 dc in the top of the beginning ch 3.


3 - ch 3, turn. work 1 dc in the ch 1 sp, *ch 2, work 2 dc in the next ch 2 sp; repeat from * across ending with 2 dc in the ch 5 space. finish off.




add fringe to the 2 scarf ends. i cut mine 8 inches long then held two pieces together and attached them that way.




*** Please note: If there is a similar pattern out there on the web, I did not copy it. This is my own design and I wrote it down as I made it. Trust me...I ripped it out twice. Please feel free to use this pattern. Just don't claim it as your own. I'd appreciate a link back to my site if you feature it on your blog. Thanks!***



No comments:

Post a Comment