Friday, January 7, 2011

Shell Sweater (Vanna's Choice)


I have had my 2nd unfinished project since the new year started. Here's a photo of it. I'm making another Shell Sweater (pattern can be found in an earlier post). It sure looks cute, but it would be even more cute if it was finished. But, I ran out of yarn.
I was actually experimenting with a skein of Vanna's Choice yarn (white). I wanted to see if I could get a baby sweater out of one skein (3.5 oz.). It turns out that I can't. However, I was using a J hook, so maybe if you use a smaller hook, you could. I ended up having one more row to finish on the first sleeve and then all of the second sleeve.
I would like to say that running out of yarn isn't going to deter me though. I like the look and feel of this yarn and the way it's making up into the shell sweater. In fact, I like it so much that I will continue to use it for these little sweaters. I think that if I buy 3 skeins of yarn, I can get two sweaters and some caps out of it. They will still be cost effective as I've been buying this yarn and Wal-Mart and it's not that expensive there. I just wish they had a larger variety of colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment