Saturday, December 11, 2010

Trying Out A New Pattern


I decided to try out a new crochet pattern. Well, it's new to me, at least. It can be found here http://dottieangel.blogspot.com/2010/06/ordinarily-extraordinary-blanket-how-to.html . I have never crocheted an afghan in vertical rows, so it was time I tried it. I was hoping that the "joining as you worked" would be easy, and it is. The finished product is fabulous! I am making my blanket/afghan using yarn from my stash. It's all Red Heart yarn in the colors Pumpkin, Cherry Red, Blue, Bright Yellow and Black with multi-colored flecks. I am using a J hook. The photo shows my progress so far. I started this yesterday in between all the activities and errands. When I picked it up this afternoon, I hadn't even finished the first black square. Now I'm on the second row. Woo Hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment