Sunday, January 24, 2010

A Great Crochet Blog

I never post about blogs that I like, and I don't know why. One of my very favorite crochet blogs is THE DIARY AND BLOG OF A CRAZY CROCHETING FOOL and here is the link for it. http://madcrochetingfool1.blogspot.com/ She has some great ideas and free patterns. My favorite one of hers is the Magic Ball Afghan. It's wonderful for using up all that scrap yarn.

I hope she doesn't mind, but basically, here is what she does:

Magic Afghans
Made with two strands of yarn held together. One main color and one magic ball (big ball of scraps of yarn tied together).
(a magic ball is just a bunch of yarn in different colors,no order or sequence rolled into a ball)
This uses a N hook

chain 104 stitches
single crochet in each stitch across
ch 2 turn, double crochet in each stitch across
ch 1 turn, single crochet in each stitch across
repeat those two rows until the afghan is as big as you would like it.

**Remember, this is not my pattern....it belongs to her....and make sure to give her credit where credit is due.***

No comments:

Post a Comment