Thursday, December 17, 2009

Holiday Season For Me

The Holiday Season for me is a wonderful time of year. I love getting up with the kids Christmas morning and opening presents. Being with family means everything to me during this time of the year. But, I also enjoy having some down-time as well over the holidays. I will be using my "me time" to re-read The Harry Potter series. I love this set of books! My daughter has become interested in it as well lately and I'm hoping that she can be encouraged to read the series too. She's been watching the movies with us and a month or so ago we had a Harry Potter weekend and viewed all the movies we had plus we watched the newest one out on video just last week "The Half-Blood Prince". She had loads of questions that we will not answer completely as this last movie is so different from the book. We keep telling her to read the books and she'll figure it out. So maybe if I break the books out off the shelf and am reading them myself, she will pick one up. So, anyone that has a child that loves to read and hasn't yet read this series, maybe you should consider picking it up and giving it a go.

No comments:

Post a Comment