Sunday, August 30, 2009

Altered Book

I am really proud of myself. I have finished my first "Altered Book". My friend Trudi got me interested in this and I've been working over the summer on a book for a friend of mine and I have finally finished it. I am really proud of my efforts even if I'm not too thrilled about a few of the pages I did. My daughter has also done a book of her own and she is a real inspiration to me. I even borrowed a few of her techniques for some of my pages. She really thinks outside of the box with her ideas and I'm glad she has an artistic bone since I do not. I'm thinking of starting another book but I do not have a theme for it yet. I'm sure something will come to me. My daughter is almost finished with her first book and already has plans for 2 more. I think I'm jealous. LOL
For those of you that don't know what an altered book is, it's a form of scrapbooking that uses a premade book as the base for gluing your pages in. I have typed in "altered books" in my search bar and found a lot of inspiring pages to view as well as many beautiful creations by artists. It's a popular method of scrapbooking that I never knew existed.
I have been lucky recently in that a new source for scrapbooking supplies has opened in our small town. It's actually a quilt shop but they have a section for scrapbooking supplies as well. They have reasonable prices and my daughter and I have enjoyed looking at all the pretty things and have even bought some paper from them. We have also signed up for their monthly "scrapbooking class" and are looking forward to it as we are just beginners and there are many techniques that we would like to learn more about. I will keep you all posted about our future endeavors in the world of altered books and the new things we are learning and trying.

No comments:

Post a Comment